The Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that is working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy.
This is a part-time 14-hours per week, unpaid telecommuting internship. College credit is available. The internship is 3-months and responsible for leading public and political outreach in the state and district assigned to.
- Meet with members of Congress and/or Congressional staffers in your State and District.
- Represent The Borgen Project at various business, political, and community events.
- Assist with fundraising. Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet targets.
- Mobilize individuals to contact their members of Congress in support of key poverty-reduction legislation.
- As needed, speak to groups, classes, and organizations.
- Write letters of support for key programs to political leaders, media, and other groups.