Aerospace Dynamics International, Inc. (ADI) manufactures machined parts and assemblies for the commercial and military aerospace industries. It offers structural components, caps, panels, bulkheads, fittings, longerons, spars, chords, wing ribs, thrust reversers, structural machine parts, manufacturing tooling and stretch form blocks.
This internship is for an student to gain valuable experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment. The intern will have the opportunity to interact, and work, with Health & Safety, Operations, and Human Resources professionals.
- Conduct Job Safety Analysis and conduct audits to ensure current JSA’s are relevant and current.
- Ensure SDS books are current and contain information on all chemicals located on-site.
- Audit and maintain acceptable levels of safety, emergency response and first aid equipment
- Conduct assessments and implement provisions of disseminating information including but not limited to advice, signs, posters, barriers and performance measures to warn employees of potential or actual safety hazards and/or to prevent access to areas where hazardous conditions exist
- Develops, recommends and implements programs to assure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal environmental regulations including documentation, reporting, permits, manifests, training, and policy development
- Develops and administers EH&S training and communication programs (i.e. HAZCOM, HAZMAT, etc.).
- Extract and manipulate data from business systems for environmental reporting. Assist in the completion of periodic reports for air, storm water, waste water, etc.
- Coordinate, plan and implement the actions and recommendations of the Safety Committee in accordance with Regulations and Company Policy.
- Orchestrate monthly Safety Audits of the facility, equipment and personnel to ensure compliance with all Regulations and Company Policies and ensure a safe workplace, partnering with necessary parties to resolve any identified corrective actions.
- Must perform other reasonable tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Effective utilization of skills in such areas as planning and organizing decision-making, problem-solving, communication, and administration
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple and diverse work assignments
- Must possess excellent computer skills
- The ability to train and instruct others where health or safety issues are concerned
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
Experience & Education:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Safety Engineering, or related technical field
- completion of A.S. with plans for university enrollment
- Knowledge of OSHA Regulations